Monday, June 22, 2015

Final Post

During the course of this class, I feel as if I have gained a lot of valuable knowledge. When going into this class, I did not feel like I was going to learn very much. As a student in this age, what could I learn from a basic technology course? Now, after the completion of this class, I feel as if my time was well spent. Many of the things we did, such as the webquest and teacher webpage, I feel as if I will be using when I am running my very own classroom. I also learned a lot about Web 2.0 tools and how to use them.

One of the most valuable skills I learned this semester was being collaborate online with my fellow peers. Even though we could not see each other in person, I feel as if we communicated clearly and we were able to get our work done. I honestly feel as if the group work was made easier by collaborating online. As college students, it is close to impossible to find a time a group can get together to do a project. I am currently looking into even more ways that I will be able to apply cooperative learning in my very own future classroom.

It’s hard for me to give constructive feedback because of how smoothly this course was run. I really appreciated how all of our assignments were organized and how quickly you responded to all of us. This means a lot. Especially considering how little time we had to learn all the material. If I had any suggestions, it would be that it would be helpful if you could explain more thoroughly on how to embed items on our Blogger. I had quite a bit of trouble on that originally. 

We had several learning outcomes in this course and I believe that I completed all of them. Through my completion of the assigned work, such as the collaborative lesson plan and webquest, I fulfilled the the requirements for this course. 

With that being said, I really liked this course. I feel as if I learned a lot of valuable information and I gained quite a few new skills. Even with our limited time, I never felt as if this class was rushed.

Resources:

Howard Rheingold: The new power of collaboration [Motion picture]. (2005). Ted Talks.

No comments:

Post a Comment